Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Card for Mom, and Cupcakes

For the past few years, I have made the tags for all my xmas gifts. This year, I"m going a step further and have gotten into actual cardmaking. This is one of my first.








For the front, I used a stamp that I've had for many years, along with printed cardstock. I colored Pooh and Piglet with colored pencils, and inked the edges of the stamped pieces. 














Inside, I used text stamps by Fiskars (cursive), and Kaisercraft. I'm not really fond of how the inside turned out, since the letters are spaced out so much, even though I trimmed down the extra space on each letter as much as I could.








For the hearts, I punched them out of some cardstock that looked like watercolor. Part of one heart faded to white, so I inked the edges of them all. In order to get the center of the curve, I used the edge of the ink pad.








On a side note, I recently took a Wilton cupcake decorating course at Michaels. It was lots of fun and I learned things that I never picked up by reading or watching videos. Here are my favorites:









No comments:

Post a Comment