Monday, November 10, 2014

Card with a Pocket

I like Inkadinkado's Sing Like No One's Listening stamp so much, but I used it as a magnet instead of a card, so I thought it would be nice to create a card that would hold it.


First I needed a pocket. I originally used a regular piece of paper to make a template, then recreated it with a piece of cardstock. It's basically just a piece that's folded in half, then both sides are folded back at the right size for the magnet, and taped. Here is the back of the pocket:


For the front of the pocket, I used an Inkadinkado bird (one I previously cut in two, but still works just fine), watercolor pencils, and a couple of jewels.


I watermarked the background of the inside of the card with my xmas carol stamp, to infuse a bit of holiday spirit.


For the front of the card, I used another Inka bird stamp, and did emboss resist with watercolors. The sentiment, by Momenta, was stamped with Versamark + pink pigment ink on one half + lavender dye ink on the other, since I don't have pigment of that. It's a bit messy, but I'm okay with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment