Monday, November 3, 2014

Recollections Embossing Kit

I've been wanting to try heat embossing, but with all the equipment needed for it, I didn't think I ever would. Then I saw an embossing kit at Michaels by Recollections. I looked it up online to see reviews, but couldn't find anything. So I used a coupon, and bought it (original price was $40). It comes with a heat tool, six powders, six inks, and a funnel tray.



Colors: black, pink, silver, green, turquoise, and clear. The clear is the ink that looks yellow, and the powder that looks white.

So far, the inks and powders are nice, and the heating tool works well. Unfortunately, there is no anti-static bag / embossing buddy. But I just made one using this tutorial. I also didn't find the tray to be very useful, as the powder sticks all over it. Using coffee filters or a folded paper is much better. I will keep the tray and try it with glitter.

The bottom line is that it's a really good starter kit, especially if you get it cheap.
Also, here's my very first heat embossed image:



No comments:

Post a Comment