Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Nana

It was my mother-in-law's birthday recently, so what better way to try out my new embossing stuff?

yeah, the picture's terrible


I originally wanted just purple on lavender, but I cut the purple wrong, so I layered it with black to make up for the mistake. The sentiment it stamped with lavender and then an offset black. I don't have a corner rounder, so I just used a pair of scissors. It wasn't easy.

The embossing was a bit tricky too. I wanted to use two different colors with one stamp, and I tried a few different ways I'd seen online, but none worked well for me, so I had to resort to surgery.

this bird is from Inkadinkado

I stamped and embossed the bird first, then lined up the leaves on the acrylic block, so when I removed the bird part the leaves would fit around the embossed bird. Surprisingly, it worked very well.



The inside required some cutting too. I don't have any flower stamps, so I cut some off another Inka bird.

 


I also added a couple of punched butterflies to the front, but I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her. She did love it though!

And in case you ever wondered, this is what happens when you emboss black powder on white ink:



No comments:

Post a Comment